With the advent of colder weather, our food choices naturally get a bit heavier. A bit more comforting. There are more stews on the menu, more dense breads, and more rich sauces. None of which we could ever complain about! The rich, tasty menu is one of fall’s best attributes. However, sometimes you want something with the deep, comforting flavor of autumn, but not quite so much of the denseness. And for that, we present this muffin! It has the lovely fall flavors of raspberries and almonds and honey, but with Greek yogurt and olive oil to lighten up the batter.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 olive oil
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin pan by greasing, lining with cupcake liners or by using a silicone mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, honey, and eggs, stirring and whisking until well blended.
- Add the flours, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, lemon zest and vanilla, mixing to just combine. Add the olive oil and whisk well to incorporate. Stir until batter is smooth.
- Gently stir in the fruit. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Scatter the sliced almonds evenly across the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool cake on a rack for about 20 minutes, then remove muffins from pan.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: