Pretzel recipe using whole wheat.
- 5/8 c Water (5 fl.oz)
- 1 1/8 c Whole wheat flour (5 1/4 oz) 1 ts Dry yeast
- 1 1/8 c Bread flour (5 1/4 oz) TOPPINGS:
- 1 tb Dry milk 1 Egg; beaten
- 1/2 ts Salt 3/4 tb Black sesame seeds(optional)
- 1 tb Shortening 1/4 c Coarse salt (optional)
- 2 tb Molasses
- Place first 5 ingredients inside the bread pan. Add molasses and water. Close cover and place dry yeast into the yeast holder. SELECT: WHOLE WHEAT DOUGH MODE. Press start. (Breadmaker completes the basic dough mode 3 hoursand 15 minutes later)
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll eachportion on a lightly floured surface into a ball. Cover with a plastic wrapand rest for 20 minutes.
- Using the palm of the hand, roll each unit on a lightly floured surface into a rope of about 10 inches long.
- Twist oncewhere the dough overlaps.
- Lift ends across to opposite edges. Tuck ends under.
- Place on a greased baking pan. Spray water on top. Proof at 90 deg. for 30 to 50 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg. Add any desired toppings.
- 8. Bake in 375 deg. oven for 15 to 22 minutes.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: