Strawberries are one of the best tastes of summer; simple, sweet and bursting with the flavor of fresh berries. Fresh strawberries at the peak of their season are folded into a flaky muffin recipe and baked to perfection. The simple, understated flavors in this recipe allow the strawberries to really shine, making them a perfect way to start any morning. Serve smeared with warm butter, alongside a cup of coffee for a memorable snack on a weekday morning.
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups of fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or use a silicone muffin pan and set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs and vegetable oil. Add strawberries and combine.
- Fold egg mixture into flour until just moistened, but still slightly lumpy. Fold in walnuts.
- Full muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: