Original spiced pecan muffin recipe!
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 5.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4.75 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup ripe mashed Hachiya persimmon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced peeled Fuyu persimmon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and toasted. Cool.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 6 ingredients (through cloves) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Combine yogurt and next 6 ingredients (through eggs) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Fold in Fuyu persimmon, cranberries, and toasted pecans. Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Bake muffins at 375° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pans.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: