These muffins may sound distressingly healthy at first, but they’re worth a try. Although you might expect the bran to make it dense and dry, they’re actually fluffy and flavorful, and are a lovely start to the day.
Ingredients (adapted from Deb Perlman):
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil (or 8 Tbsp. softened butter)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey (or molasses)
- 1/2 cup raisins, cranberries, or other diced dried fruit
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup miller’s bran
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or use silicone bakeware.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and bran. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir oil (or butter) and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy (if using oil, it won’t be quite as fluffy).
- Beat in the egg, the sour cream or yogurt, and the honey or molasses. Stir in the dried fruit.
- Add flour mixture to the sour cream mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined. (Batter will be lumpy.) Spoon the batter into muffins pan cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and springy to the touch. Turn the muffins out onto a rack and let them cool.
A silicone muffin pan is an crucial tool for any baking lover. It’s unbreakable, very easy to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any kind of oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups fully. The Belgoods Bakeware products always use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a genuine pleasure. The silicone spatula set of 4 sold by Belgoods Bakeware includes one spatula, one scraper, one spoon and one brush. Make use of this silicone spatula set to scoop, scrape, mix and brush. This silicone kitchen utensil set is incredibly durable, strong and healthy to use.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: