A new twist on a traditional recipe and perfect for getting the kids involved in baking muffins.
- 250g mixed dried fruits
- grated zest and juice 1 medium orange
- 175g softened butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 300g self-raising fl
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 5 tbsp milk
- 175g marzipan
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice for mixing
- mini eggs
- Tip the fruit into a bowl, add the zest and juice and microwave on medium for 2 minutes (or leave to soak for 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to fan 180C/ 160C/gas 4.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, spices and milk until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes) – use a wooden spoon or hand held mixer. Stir the fruit in well.
- Half fill the muffin cases with the mixture.
- Divide the marzipan into 12 equal pieces, roll into balls, then flatten with your thumb to the size of the muffin cases.
- Put one into each muffin case and spoon the rest of the mixture over it. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until risen, golden and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
- Beat together the icing sugar and orange juice to make icing thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Drizzle over the muffins and top with a cluster of eggs. Leave to set.
- Best eaten within a day of making.
The Belgoods Bakeware silicone mini muffin pan is made from 100% pure food grade silicone. One of many key upsides of silicone mini muffin pans is that they are unbreakable and long lasting. Silicone baking pans can be used in any oven, microwave oven, dishwasher or freezer. The silicone spatula set of 4 sold by Belgoods Bakeware includes one spatula, one scraper, one spoon and one brush. Use this silicone spatula set to scoop, scrape, mix and brush. This silicone kitchen utensil set is very durable, strong and healthy to use. Follow this link for a lot more details.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: