Rhubarb is a plentiful treat. Spice up your morning ritual with these delicious and sweet Rhubarb muffins that are as healthy as they are delicious! Diced rhubarb and vanilla yogurt are baked into a sweet and tender muffin and topped with a crunchy almond topping. Make a batch for a weekend brunch or a weekday snack and watch how fast your entire family eats up these healthy and delicious rhubarb muffins!
- ½ c. vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c. rhubarb, minced
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ c. crushed sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp melted butter, oil, and egg. Beat until well combined.
3. In another bowl combine ¾ c. brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine with wet ingredients until just moist. Fold in rhubarb.
4. Spoon into muffin tins, filling cups until at least 2/3 of the way full.
5. In a small bowl combine ¼ c. of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, almonds, and 2 Tbsp melted butter. Spoon over the tops of the muffins.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy the recipes on this blog.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: