A scrumptious muffin recipe with a surprise filling!
- ½ Roasted rhubarb
- 140g light muscovado sugar
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- zest 1 orange, finely grated
- 284ml carton soured cream
- 300g self-raising flour
- 8 tbsp ready-made thick Devon custard, from a carton
- golden caster sugar, for sprinkling
- Prepare the Roasted rhubarb, then cool and drain off the juices (the juice is good mixed into plain yogurt).
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin paper cases or use silicone bakeware.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, egg, orange zest and soured cream until there are no lumps and all are completely combined.
- Gently mix in the flour, then fold in the rhubarb.
- Divide 3⁄4 of the batter evenly between the paper cases to generously fill.
- Using a spoon, press in the centre of each muffin to make a dip.
- Fill each dip with a small blob of chilled custard, then gently smooth the rest of the muffin mix over the custard.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until risen, pale golden and oozing custard.
- Sprinkle each with a little caster sugar while still warm.
- Best eaten the day they are made.
A silicone muffin pan is an essential tool for any baking enthusiast. It’s unbreakable, simple to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups entirely. The Belgoods Bakeware products at all times use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a real joy. The silicone mini donut pan manufactured by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Make use of this silicone mini donut pan to cook great tasting mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely effortless to clean.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: