Girls love pink! Not the easiest recipe, but these donuts taste great!
Prep Time: 37 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 2 per person
• 150 ml (5 fl oz) milk
• 1 large (US – extra large) egg
• 30 g (1 oz) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus extra for greasing
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 180 g (6 oz/1 2/5 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
• 75 g (2½ oz/ 1/3 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• pinch of ground nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon salt
For the glaze
• 200 g (7 oz/ 1 3/5 cups) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
• 2–3 tablespoons water
• a few drops of pink food colouring
• sprinkles to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4) and lightly butter a 12-hole mini donut pan. Using a food processor, beat the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract until they’re well combined.
2. Into a clean bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt, and stir to combine.
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in the food processor and whisk until it is just incorporated – do not over-mix.
4. This recipe makes 48 mini donuts, so you will need to bake them in batches. Pour the mixture into the mini donuts pan, ensuring each ring is about half full.
5. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
6. Remove the donuts from the tin and allow them to cool on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
7. To make the glaze, whisk the icing sugar, water and a drop or two of food colouring in a bowl.
8. Dip one side of each donut into the glaze and shake off the excess.
9. Decorate with the sprinkles and leave to set on a wire rack, with some baking paper underneath to catch any drips.
10. Though best eaten fresh, you can store the donuts in a tin or an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Silicone baking mats are perfect for baking cookies, candy or for anything that might stick. They cook perfectly even, no more burnt bottoms. This high quality silicone fiberglass baking mat is naturally nonstick and does not have any chemical coating. No need to use unhealthy oils, butter or sprays. More details can be found at www.amazon.com/Silicone-Baking-Mat-Professional-Half-Size/dp/B00GO4N4JU/. Be sure to choose products made from 100% pure food grade silicone. Cheaper brands often use plastic fillers. Fillers can compromise the quality and durability of silicone.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: