In honor of the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s return to Starbucks, and thus the unofficial arrival of autumn, we thought we’d break out a pumpkin recipe. These pumpkin spice muffins are so moist and flavorful that you might even be ready to say goodbye to summer.
Pumpkin Spice Bread Ingredients(adapted from Karen DeMasco):
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your muffin pan by greasing it, lining it with cupcake liners or use a silicone muffin pan.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves.
- Whisk granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, and oil together in a medium bowl. Add the pumpkin, sour cream, and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Then whisk together gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle the tops with the Demerara sugar.
- Bake until the bread is firm to the touch, well browned, and slightly cracked on top, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: