These gooey muffins are delicious warm when the toffee is still melty – you can reheat them in the microwave.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 250ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 100g soft toffees, chopped into pieces
- 25g flaked almonds
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tin with paper cases or use a silicone muffinpan.
- Tip the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- Mix together the milk, eggs and melted butter in a large jug and pour into the dry mix all at once, along with the pears and a third of the toffee pieces. Stir briefly until just beginning to combine – the batter should still be quite lumpy and have streaks of flour.
- Divide the mixture between the cases, then sprinkle with the remaining toffee and the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until the muffins are risen, golden and feel firm when pressed (the molten toffee will be extremely hot so be careful not to touch it).
- Remove from the tin to a wire rack to cool.
A silicone muffin pan is an crucial tool for any baking lover. It’s unbreakable, easy to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any kind of oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups completely. The Belgoods Bakeware products always use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a genuine pleasure.
The silicone spatula set of 4 sold by Belgoods Bakeware consists of one spatula, one scraper, one spoon and one brush. Start using this silicone spatula set to scoop, scrape, mix and brush. This silicone kitchen utensil set is incredibly durable, strong and healthy to use.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: