These delicious low fat treats can be served warm or cold.
- 3 large eggs
- 100g golden caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- few drops of almond extract
- 25g butter, melted
- 100g self-raising flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 2 small peaches
- 2 tsp peach conserve or apricot jam
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- half-fat crème fraîche, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a large bowl, use a hand whisk to mix the eggs, sugar and almond extract together for a minute until foamy.
- Pour in the melted butter and continue to beat until combined. Gently fold in the flour, ground almonds and a pinch of salt.
- Halve, stone and slice the peaches.
- Divide muffin mixture between 6 holes of a non-stick muffin tin.
- Top each with a blob of conserve or jam and arrange a few slices of peach on top.
- Scatter over the almonds and a little extra sugar, then bake for 20-25 mins until puffed up and golden.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of half-fat crème fraîche, or leave to cool. Best eaten the day they’re made or frozen whilst still slightly warm for up to 1 month.
The silicone mini donut pan made by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Start using this silicone mini donut pan to cook tasty mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely simple to clean. An additional product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that fits a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are fantastic for baking cookies and candy. Utilize a silicone baking sheet for nearly anything that might stick.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: