So, yes. There’s streusel on this muffin. Also yes, that edges it into the dessert category. That doesn’t mean we won’t eat it for breakfast, though! The nutmeg adds a nice spicy-nutty flavor for some depth, and the streusel is just plain good, and this muffin is a welcome start to the day.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cloves (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare muffin pan by lining with cupcake liners, greasing each cup or use silicone bakeware.
- Streusel: whisk flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt together. Add butter and (using a pastry cutter, a large fork, or your fingers) incorporate butter into flour mixture until butter pieces are mostly the size of peas. Set aside.
- Muffin: whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves (if using), and salt together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar and stir thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and butter together until well mixed.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and stir together with a spoon or a spatula. Batter will be lumpy, but do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle each one with streusel. Press streusel into batter (very gently).
- Bake 20 – 22 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!
A silicone muffin pan is an crucial tool for any baking lover. It’s unbreakable, very easy to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups fully. The Belgoods Bakeware products at all times use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a genuine joy. The silicone mini donut pan made by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Start using this silicone mini donut pan to cook tasty mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely simple to clean.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: