Milk served differently…
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the egg, sweetened condensed milk, and milk until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder, then add it to the egg-milk mixture, and whisk together. Whisk in the butter. The important step here is not to overmix the batter (overmixing will overdevelop the gluten in the flour which will cause a tough muffin with tunnels and a compact texture). Only 10 to 15 strokes are needed to moisten the ingredients. The batter can still be lumpy—don’t worry, the batter will continue to blend as it bakes and the lumps will disappear.
4. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. The muffins are done when the top springs back when gently touched with a finger and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: