Great recipe to bake with your kids. These mini cake donuts look gorgeous!
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) white spelt or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) rye flour or whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) barley flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) cane sugar
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Semisweet chocolate, tempered or melted, or powdered sugar, for coating
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a mini donut pan or use a silicone one.
- Sift the white spelt, rye, barley, and baking powder together. Whisk in the sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, vanilla, and egg.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix or your donuts may be rubbery.
- Fill each donut cup 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full with the batter. You can do this with a spoon, but I prefer using a piping bag to fill each cup evenly and cleanly. It’s important not to overfill or as the donuts rise, you’ll lose the hole.
- Bake until the donuts spring back when touched, 6 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your donuts pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack; then dip in melted chocolate or dust with powdered sugar.
The Belgoods Bakeware high quality best nonstick 100% pure food grade silicone kitchen and cooking utensil set of 4 will help you bake and cook like a professional and your baking an cooking creations will get you compliments from family and friends. This silicone kitchen utensil set includes 1 spatula (11.2 x 2.3 x 0.8 inches), 1 scraper (10 x 2.4 x 0.8 inches), 1 spoon (10 x 2.6 x 0.8 inches) and 1 brush (10.6 x 1.7 x 0.8 inches). Use them to scoop, scrape, stir, fold, mix and brush. Visit the Amazon page here http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Spatula-Set-Multi-Purpose-Comfortable/dp/B00GQU0T68/.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: