Looking for a way to spice up your chili or taco night? These Mexican muffins are a surprisingly easy treat! Prepackaged corn bread is combined with corn, cheese, sour cream, bacon and jalapenos for a treat that is bursting with flavor. Every bite will be packed full of Mexican flavors and surprising ingredients!
- 1 (8.5) oz package corn bread or muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c. milk
- ¾ c. salsa
- 1 (8.75 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ c. sour cream
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno peppers chopped and seeded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin tin or use a silicone baking pan.
2. In a large bowl combine corn bread mix, egg and milk, until just blended.
3. Add salsa, corn, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, and jalapeno. Combine well.
4. Fill greased muffin tins ¾ of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a from pan to a wire rack.
5. Serve warm, as desired.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: