Vanilla cake batter that is swirled with dark chocolate cake batter in a bundt pan.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups (I used maida)
- Baking powder – 2 tsps
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 3/4 cup, unsalted, room temperature
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups + 3 tbsp, superfine, divided
- Eggs – 4, large, lightly beaten in a small bowl
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup (dutch processed)
- Hot water – 1/3 cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tbsp
- Almond extract – 1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F) and position a rack in the center of the oven. Grease the bundt pan thoroughly including the creases and flour it well and tap out the excess flour.
- In a small bowl, add the hot water, instand coffee powder, cocoa powder and 3 tbsps sugar and mix till smooth with no lumps. Add almond extract and mix. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and beat it till smooth for 2 mins. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat for 3 minsmi. Add the vanilla extract and beat till light in color, approx 4 mins.
- Gradually add the egg mixture and beat on low speed for a mt.
- Gradually add the flour in four additons and beat on low until just combined and smooth.
- Transfer a little less than half of the cake batter to the cocoa mixture and mix with a spoon until smooth.
- With the help of an 2 1/2″ diameter ice cream scoop or large spoon, alternate scoops of the vanilla and chocolate batters into the pan. Take a chopstick and create a swirl all through the batters taking care not to touch the sides of the pan. Smooth the top lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 mts till a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Check from 50 mts onwards. Cool on a wire cake rack for 10 mts and invert the cake onto the rack to cool completely.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: