Quick and easy recipe full of lemon flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract, optional
- Zest of one large or two small lemons
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8.5” by 4.5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (use the kind with flour if you have it). You can also use a silicone loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place eggs, oil, evaporated milk, extract, and zest in a large measuring cup or small bowl and whisk. (The extract is optional but gives that telltale lemon flavor.) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until the batter forms.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean just slightly to one side of center. Cool before frosting.
- Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice (1 tablespoon at a time) until desired consistency, drizzle over the bread. The frosting is optional and makes it more sweet, but the bread is good without it as well.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: