Another delicious mini donuts recipe using lemon.
Serves 18 donuts
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, milk or cream (to make the icing white)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Using a standing mixer or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to incorporate each one.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside.
5. Whisk the vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest in a separate bowl.
6. Add the flour and sour cream alternately to the egg mixture 1/2 at a time, until combined.
7. Spoon the batter into greased mini donut pans or use silicone donut pans and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
9. Allow the donuts to cool completely before glazing.
Be sure to choose 100% BPA-free products made from 100% pure food grade silicone. Cheaper brands often use plastic fillers. Fillers can compromise the quality and durability of silicone. You can test this yourself by doing the “pinch and twist” test. Just twist a bit of the silicone, if it turns whitish, it’s got plastic fillers. Pure silicone will retain its color. The Belgoods Bakeware silicone mini muffin pan will help you bake like a professional. Silicone pans are very convenient to store and won’t dent. More information can be found at www.amazon.com/Silicone-Mini-Muffin-Pan-Unbreakable/dp/B00CI0SUUW/.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: