As the days get colder and windier, sometimes you need a reminder of the sun. A reminder that life won’t always include parkas and mittens and running noses. And voila! Here come lemon and lavender muffins, full of tart citrus and delicate floral tastes. The “muffin” part is perhaps debatable after you roll it in sugar (oh, didn’t we mention that?), but it still passes for breakfast, so no need to feel guilty.
- 1/2 cup granulated ugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. lavender extract
- grated zest of one lemon
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin pan with cup liners, grease cups or use silicone bakeware.
- Stir lavender extract, sugar, and lemon zest together in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Reserve 2 Tbsp. into a small bowl.
- In original bowl, add buttermilk, egg, and oil to sugar mixture and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, combined flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to batter and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into muffin cups until 2/3 full. Bake 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Brush melted butter on top of each muffin and dip in reserved sugar mixture. Goes well with tea.
The silicone mini donut pan manufactured by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Use this silicone mini donut pan to prepare tasty mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely simple to clean. An additional product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that fits a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are ideal for baking cookies and candy. Use a silicone baking sheet for anything at all that might stick. Use this link for a lot more details.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: