Cool recipe for jelly lovers!
Ingredients For Donuts:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (or baked sweet potato)*
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour**
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- optional 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but highly recommended) Jelly filling
- 1/4 cup jelly of choice (you can use store bought or make your own homemade chia jam)
*food tips: for extra fluffy donuts, add 1 egg + apple cider vinegar and reduce pumpkin to 1/4 cup
**food tips: can be made gluten free with a combo of 3/4 cup gf oats and 1 tbsp coconut flour)
1) If using homemade chia jam, make that first so it has time to gel. I made my own by combining 1/2 cup raspberries and heating until soft and almost pureed. Added 1 tbsp chia seeds and let “set” while I prepared the donut holes.
2) In a small bowl, combine ingredients to make donut holes. Mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
3) Form into bite sized donut holes and arrange on a plate. Microwave 3 minutes until fully cooked. Optional – roll in coconut sugar while still warm. Use a large straw to poke a hole into the donut holes. Make sure you don’t poke the straw all of the way through. Fill a plastic bag with your jelly/chia jam and cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe some of the jelly into each donut hole. Enjoy while still warm!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: