This is a special muffin recipe! We use honey and rhubarb to bake a delicious muffin. You really should give this a try.
- 1 cup of oats.
- ¾ cup of unbleached white flour.
- 1 cup of diced rhubarb.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ½ cup of honey.
- ½ cup of skim milk.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger root.
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Paper liners or cooking spray.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, spray with oil or use a silicone muffin pan
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, diced rhubarb, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the honey, milk, egg, grated ginger and canola oil.
- Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture into the well.
- Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide the batter among prepared muffin cups and bake for about 18 minutes or until the tops are golden and spring back when touched.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: