These gluten-free pumpkin spice donuts are perfect for breakfast!
- PUMPKIN DONUTS:
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon xanthun gum (omit if your blend contains it)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- MAPLE CINNAMON GLAZE:
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray the cavities of the donut pan with cooking spray.
- In your stand mixer or in a large bowl, thoroughly mix the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla together. Add the pumpkin puree, and mix in until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Spoon or pipe (using an icing bag) the batter into the donut pan, filling just to the rim of the pan.
- Bake the donuts at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the donuts for the pan and allow them to sit for 2-3 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the glaze: using an electric mixer or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar together until smooth and fully combined. Add in the cinnamon and maple syrup, and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Once the donuts are mostly cool, gently dip them into the glaze one by one, and return to the wire rack to allow the glaze to set.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: