Delicious gluten free pumpkin donut recipe!
Ingredients for the donuts:
- 1¾ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already contains it)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup whole milk
Ingredients for the sugar coating:
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 24 count (or 12 count) mini-muffin tin with gluten-free cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and xanthan gum in a large bowl. Add the oil, brown sugar, egg, pumpkin puree, and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Using a small scoop or tablespoon, fill holes in pan about ¾ full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. You will probably need to bake 2-3 batches, depending on how big your pan is.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in a large, zip-top bag. Dip the doughnut holes on all sides in the melted butter, then place in the bag, one dozen at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat with the sugar mixture. Serve immediately. These are best when eaten the same day.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: