Reward yourself with this special treat!
For the donuts:
- 3/4 cups gluten free flour Namaste Perfect Flour works, or Enjoy Life, or my recipe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons mashed banana
- 1/6 cup organic canola oil or coconut oil, or melted vegan buttery spread
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the frosting:
- 3 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan. (Even if it is non-stick, I still recommend greasing it).
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the organic canola oil, mashed banana, vanilla, vinegar, and non-dairy milk. Stir well.
Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes.
Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn pan over onto a cookie sheet and tap to remove donuts.
While the donuts cool, make the frosting.
Beat the vegan buttery spread until fluffy. Add the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder, then drizzle in a little of the non-dairy milk. Beat until smooth and creamy, adding more milk as needed.
Frost the cooled donuts with an offset spatula. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: