These tiny muffins are packed with a citrus punch. Enjoy these spicy, sweet, summery treats as a snack or dessert.
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup honey (or syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced dried figs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- Place the sunflower oil, honey, vanilla, juice, and marmalade into a blender or food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed, about 30 seconds.
- In a separate large bowl mix the remaining ingredients (except the figs). Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix gently to combine. Stir in the figs and mix just enough to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Fill the muffin pan cups to the top. Bake until the muffin tops are just golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly in the pan before removing to a rack or plate to cool or to serve warm.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: