These muffins are not only gluten-free, they have exactly no processed sugar in them. But never fear! They also taste incredible. Yes, it’s a healthy (sort of) delicious (absolutely) muffin. They’re dark and spicy and rich, and they feel like autumn in a muffin. The almond flour makes for a denser muffin, so you probably won’t want more than one mini muffin. Although we won’t judge if you want two. They are pretty darn good. This recipe adapted is from Eating for England.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cups of muffin pan or use a silicone mini muffin pan.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, maple syrup and molasses together in a small bowl (you can use all maple syrup or all molasses, if desired, or substitute honey for either). Stir thoroughly. Pour melted butter into bowl, stirring or whisking constantly. Stir or whisk until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for 22 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: