Probably a recipe that many of you already know. It’s a real classic muffin recipe using ginger.
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour.
- ½ cup of molasses.
- ¼ cup of shortening.
- ¼ cup of sugar.
- 1 medium egg.
- 1 teaspoon of soda.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Pinch of salt.
- Hot water.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, then the molasses.
- Sift together the flour, soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and pinch of salt; then stir it all into the molasses mixture.
- Gradually add ½ cup of hot water, beating until smooth.
- Fill greased muffin pans or silicone muffin pan ¾ full.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 minutes.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: