Muffins are an easy and delicious breakfast or snack, and these Ginger Date Muffins are sophisticated, simple, and delicious. Ground cinnamon, ground ginger and freshly chopped dates are baked in a sweet and hearty breakfast dish. The simple yet sophisticated flavors of these Ginger Date Muffins will make them an instant hit, especially when served warm with melted butter and perhaps a drizzle of honey.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-muffin tray with paper liners or use a silicone mini muffin pan.
2) In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3) In a separate large bowl, mix together buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in dates.
4) Pour batter into paper liners. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: