Yummy snack: Frosted Banana Bars!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 TBSP. butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 TBSP. finely chopped walnuts
- White Frosting, (recipe follows)
- Ground nutmeg, if desired
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBSP. skim milk (1 to 2 TBSP.)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray square pan, 9 x 9 x 2 inches, with cooking spray. Beat sugar, sour cream, butter and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in bananas and vanilla on low speed 30 seconds. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in walnuts. Spread in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown; cool. Frost with Frosting. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: