Flax (also known as common flax or linseed) is a member of the genus Linum in the family Linaceae. It is a food and fibre crop that is grown in cooler regions of the world. Flax fibres are taken from the stem of the plant and are two to three times as strong as those of cotton. As well, flax fibers are naturally smooth and straight.
- 3 cups of ground flax seed.
- 1 ¼ cups of flour.
- 1 cup of skim milk.
- ½ cup of light molasses.
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Whisk together the ground flax seed, flour and the baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining wet ingredients.
- Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour into cups of your silicone mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: