Lovely bread recipe using cranberries and nuts.
- 2 c Unbleached flour; sifted 1 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 ts Baking powder 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Baking soda 1/4 c Shortening
- 1 Egg; lg, beaten 3/4 c Orange juice; fresh
- 1 ts Orange rind; grated 1 c Raw cranberries; coarse chop
- 1/4 c Walnuts; chopped 1 ts Unbleached flour
Sift the 2 cups of flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a bowl then, using a pastry blender, cut the shortening in until crumbs form.
Combine the egg, orange juice and orange rind and add to the crumb mixture all at once, stirring until just moistened. Combine the coarsely chopped cranberries, walnuts and 1 tb of flour and add the mixture to the batter.
Pour into a greased and waxpaper lined loaf pan 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2-inch loaf pan or use a silicone one. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 1 hour or until a cake tester or wood pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out to cool to room temperature. Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and let stand over night for better slicing.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: