This muffin recipe contain fibre-packed prunes and oats – enjoy them without guilt!
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g porridge oats
- 140g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml ¼ pint buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 175g stoned prunes, chopped
- 85g pecans
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Butter 6-8 muffin tins, line them with muffin cases or use silicone bakeware.
- Put the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl, then rub everything through your fingers, as if making pastry, to ensure the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Beat the egg, then stir in the buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- Lightly stir the egg mix into the flour.
- Fold the prunes and nuts into the mixture.
- Divide between the tins, filling the cases to the brim.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
The silicone mini donut pan manufactured by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Make use of this silicone mini donut pan to cook delicious mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely easy to clean.
Yet another product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that will fit a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are great for baking cookies and candy. Work with a silicone baking sheet for anything at all that might stick.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: