These cupcakes are insanely rich and moist, and are made using the same type of method used for making brownies – melted chocolate is added to a whisked mixture of eggs and sugar, and then flour is stirred in. The resulting batter almost resembled a mousse; both thick and light. It creates incredibly moist cupcakes that also have a light and fluffy texture.
For the Cupcakes:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (1.5 ounces) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (3.75 ounces) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (5.25 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ cup (4 ounces) sour cream
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
1. To make the Cupcakes: Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. (If you are using a non-stick muffin pan, heat the oven to 325 degrees F.) Line standard-size muffin pan with baking cup liners.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water; heat mixture until butter and chocolate are melted and whisk until smooth and combined. (Alternately, you can microwave the mixture at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.) Set aside to cool until just warm to the touch.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder in small bowl to combine.
4. Whisk eggs in second medium bowl to combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift about one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined; whisk in sour cream until combined, then sift remaining flour mixture over and whisk until batter is homogeneous and thick.
5. Divide the batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Bake until skewer inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Cool cupcakes in muffin pan on wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Carefully lift each cupcake from muffin pan and set on wire rack. Cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes.
7. To make the Peanut Butter Frosting: Place the confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
The Belgoods Bakeware silicone mini muffin pan is produced from 100% pure food grade silicone. One of many key upsides of silicone mini muffin pans is that they are unbreakable and long lasting. 12 cup muffin pans can be utilized in any oven, microwave oven, dishwasher or freezer. Click here for more information. A silicone muffin pan is an important tool for any baking lover. It’s unbreakable, easy to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups completely. The Belgoods Bakeware products at all times use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a true joy. Click here for further information.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: