These sweet muffins have a beautifully creamy middle and go brilliantly with a cup of tea.
- 100g soft cheese
- 250g caster sugar
- 175g cranberries
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 75ml flavourless oil, such as sunflower
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases or use silicone bakeware.
- Beat the soft cheese with 25g of the sugar and chill until needed. Heat the cranberries together with another 25g of sugar until they start to pop. Mash lightly and cool.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the remaining sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla and cranberry mixture, and stir together. Don’t worry if the mix looks a bit lumpy. Divide it between the cases, they should look about two-thirds full. Make a small dip in the centre of each and put a blob of soft cheese in.
- Bake for 25 mins or until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
A silicone muffin pan is an essential tool for any baking enthusiast. It’s unbreakable, simple to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups entirely. The Belgoods Bakeware products at all times use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a real joy. The silicone mini donut pan manufactured by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Make use of this silicone mini donut pan to cook great tasting mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely effortless to clean.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: