These savoury snacks are brilliant for picnics and lunchboxes – plus they can be frozen ahead. Enjoy!
- 85g melted butter, plus extra for frying
- 1 large sweetcorn, kernels sliced off
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 140g plain flour
- 140g polenta or cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g strong cheddar, grated
- 2 eggs
- 284ml pot buttermilk
- 100ml milk
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and brush a 12-hole muffin tin with some of the melted butter
- Put the corn kernels in a pan with the onion, chilli and a knob of butter. Gently fry for 5-10 mins until golden and soft.
- Mix together the flour, polenta, baking powder and cheddar with 1 tsp salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and milk, then stir into the dry ingredients with the remaining melted butter and corn mixture.
- Divide between the muffin holes (they will be quite full) and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown and cooked through – poke in a skewer to check. Best eaten warm.
The silicone mini donut pan made by Belgoods Bakeware is made of 100% pure food grade silicone and holds 12 cups. Work with this silicone mini donut pan to prepare great tasting mini donuts! This donut maker pan is unbreakable and extremely simple to clean. An additional product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that fits a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are ideal for baking cookies and candy. Use a silicone baking sheet for anything at all that might stick. Use this link for a lot more details.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: