Delicious dessert! Coconut macaroon bars…
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350º. Grease square pan, 9 × 9 × 2 inches. Mix flour, powdered sugar, butter, almond extract and egg yolk with spoon (mixture will be crumbly). Press in pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light brown and center is set.
Mix walnuts, milk and coconut. Spread over baked layer. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand about 5 minutes or until softened; spread carefully.
Refrigerate uncovered 1 to 2 hours or until chocolate is firm. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: