Delicious snack: cinnamon-coffee bars!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (dry)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- White Glaze — (recipe follows)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons milk (4 to 5 teaspoons)
Heat oven to 350º. Grease and flour rectangular pan, 13 × 9 × 2 inches. Beat brown sugar, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except raisins, nuts and Glaze. Stir in raisins and nuts.
Spread batter in pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when touched in center. Drizzle with White Glaze while warm. Let cool.
Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows bars.
Mix all ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: