Delicious chocolate bundt cake recipe!
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened and not processed)
- ⅓ cup ground flax seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar, light
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup water (hot)
- ½ cup prune puree (combine 1/2 cup of prunes with 3 tablespoons hot water in a food processor, process until smooth)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (bittersweet)
Preheat oven to 350℉ (180℃) F.
Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
Spread chopped walnuts in a small baking pan and bake until golden and fragrant, 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Mix well flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla, beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
Mix well hot water and prune purée in a measuring cup, add to the batter and mix until incorporated.
Fold in chocolate and the toasted nuts with a rubber spatula. Spread evenly the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the cake until the top springs back when touched lightly and when a wood stick inserted in the center, it comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes or more.
Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto the rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: