A chocolate lovers dream!
For the cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 oz chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 egg
For chocolate ganache:
- 3 oz chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Grease the 9×5 inch loaf pan and line it with the baking paper
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together flour and salt
- Place the chopped chocolate in the heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over to melt the chocolate, then stir in the cocoa and set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Mix the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy, add chocolate and cocoa mixture and mix it well
- Eggs add one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Gradually add the mixture of flour and salt, stir it well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan, and tap gently the pan a few times on your work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake for 6o-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean (be careful not to overdo it, it will become dry)
- Let it cool a few minutes in the pan, than turn it out of the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Make the chocolate ganache while the cake is cooling. Melt the chocolate and whisk in the heavy whipping cream until become silky. Spread it over the cake
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: