Delicious chocolate mint cookies!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted andcooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Peppermint Frosting, (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 TBSP. corn syrup
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Crushed hard peppermint candies, if desired
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 TBSP.s milk
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat sugar, 1/2 cup butter, the vanilla, egg and unsweetened chocolate in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour and salt. Drop dough by rounded tsp.fuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with greased bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool cookies completely. Spread Peppermint Frosting over each cookie to within 1/4 inch of edge. Melt 1/4 cup butter, the corn syrup and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Spoon or drizzle mixture over each cookie; sprinkle with crushed candies.
Mix all ingredients until smooth and of spreading consistency.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: