Delicious pumpkin donuts with a chocolate glaze!
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 3/4 cup confectioners style Swerve (or other powdered sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple flavor, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia (or to taste), optional
- 2 to 3 ounces dark chocolate bar (preferably 70% to 90% cacao)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or grease a 6-cavity donut mold pan with either coconut or olive oil spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, ground chia, powdered sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs, vinegar, coconut oil and maple extract. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and combine until a thick batter is formed. If a little additional sweetness is desired, add stevia, to taste.
Spoon batter into prepared donut pan and fill almost to the top. Use fingertips lightly moistened with water to smooth and even out batter. Bake for approximately 16 to 18 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip onto wire rack and allow to cool completely.
To glaze donuts, break chocolate into chunks and place in a small microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave on high for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted, about 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth (or melt chocolate on stove top in a double boiler). Drizzle or spoon melted chocolate over donuts and let set (allow chocolate to cool slightly to thicken up a bit to keep from running off when spooned or drizzled). If desired, sprinkle glazed donuts with chopped nuts before chocolate sets completely.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: