Great chocolate muffin recipe. Enjoy!
- 50g dark chocolate (55% cocoa solids is fine)
- 85g butter
- 1 tbsp milk, water or coffee
- 200g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 142ml carton soured cream
For the topping
- 100g dark chocolate (as above)
- 100g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to fan 170C/ conventional 190C/gas 5 and line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cases or use silicone bakeware.
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, add the butter and liquid.
- Melt in the microwave on Medium for 30-45 seconds (or set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water). Stir and leave the mixture to cool.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and both sugars in a bowl.
- Beat the egg in another bowl and stir in the soured cream, then pour this on the flour mixture and add the cooled chocolate. Stir just to combine – don’t overmix or it will get tough.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases to about three quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until well risen. Loosen the edges with a round-bladed knife, let them sit in the tins for a few minutes, then lift out and cool on a wire rack.
- For the topping, make two piping bags out of greaseproof paper (or cut the ends off two clean plastic bags).
- Break the dark and white chocolate into separate bowls and melt in the microwave on Medium for 2 minutes (or over a pan as in step 1). Put 2 spoonfuls of dark chocolate in one bag and the same of white chocolate in the other.
- Working with one muffin at a time, spread with dark chocolate from the bowl, letting it run down a bit.
- Repeat with four more muffins. On the remaining five, spread over the white chocolate and decorate with the dark.
- Best eaten the day they’re made – even better while the chocolate’s soft.
An additional product produced by Belgoods Bakeware is the silicone baking mat that will fit a half-size pan. Silicone baking mats are excellent for baking cookies and candy. Utilize a silicone baking sheet for nearly anything that might stick. A silicone muffin pan is an crucial tool for any baking lover. It’s unbreakable, very easy to clean, heat resistant and it can be used in any kind of oven. Always make sure you don’t fill the muffin pan cups fully. The Belgoods Bakeware products always use 100% pure food grade silicone. Silicone baking pans make baking a genuine pleasure.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: