Delicious recipe! Your kids will love these chocolate conecakes! Get creative with the frosting.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 10 ice cream cones (flat bottoms)
- 1/3 c. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a saucepan, mix together butter (or margarine), water and cocoa powder. Stir all the time. When the butter is completely melted remove from heat and combine with the flour mixture in the bowl.
- 3. Use a big spoon and mix until everything is well blended.
- 4. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla, then beat again for another minute or two.
- 5. Pour into the ice cream cones. Fill to about an inch from the top. Put the ice cream cones into a muffin tin or a big baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
FROSTING: Let the cream cheese sit out a while to soften, then mash it together with powdered sugar. Add the vanilla a little at a time. When mixed together evenly, it’s done. BE SURE TO LET THE CONECAKES COOL BEFORE FROSTING THEM, OTHERWISE THE FROSTING WILL MELT.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: