Great snack recipe: chocolate chip pecan bars.
- 1 package French vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
Heat oven to 350º. Mix cake mix (dry) and 1/2 cup butter in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly.
Press firmly in bottom of ungreased rectangular pan, 13 × 9 × 2 inches. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
Sprinkle pecan halves evenly over baked layer. Heat 2/3 cup butter and the brown sugar to boiling in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally; boil and stir 1 minute. Spoon mixture evenly over pecans.
Bake about 20 minutes or until bubbly and light brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips over warm bars; cool. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: