Quick and easy, but delicious bread recipe.
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. almond extract
- 2¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 (8 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, chopped, juice reserved
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour (or use a silicone loaf pan) two 8×4-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and oil; add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and beat well. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Measure out ½ cup of the reserved maraschino cherry juice. If juice does not equal ½ cup, add enough water to make up the rest. Alternately add the flour mixture and cherry juice to the sugar mixture until it is just combined. Stir in the chopped cherries.
- Divide batter evenly between both loaf pans. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert to a wire rack and cool completely. Dust tops of bread with powdered sugar, if desired, slice and serve. Makes: 2 loaves.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: