Delicious bar recipe using cherries and almond nuts.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pink Glaze — (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons reserved maraschino cherry juice (2 to 3 teaspoons)
Heat oven to 350º. Drain cherries, reserving juice for Pink Glaze. Chop cherries; set aside. Mix 1 cup flour, the butter and powdered sugar with spoon. Press in ungreased square pan, 9 × 9 × 2 inches.
Bake about 10 minutes or until set.
Beat eggs in medium bowl with fork. Stir in cherries and remaining ingredients except Pink Glaze. Spread over baked layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Drizzle with Pink Glaze. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Mix all ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: