Another classic muffin recipe. This time we use carrots as the main ingredient. But we also add some cinnamon, pecans, nutmeg and more.
- 2 medium eggs.
- 1 ½ cups of flour.
- 1 cup of grated carrots.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- ½ cups of oil.
- ¼ cup of orange liqueur.
- ¼ cup of raisins.
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare muffin tins with paper liners or use silicone bakeware.
- Heat the orange liqueur to just boiling.
- Add the raisins and remove from heat.
- Set aside and allow to soak.
- Place the pecans in a food processor bowl to chop them. Remove and set aside.
- Cut the carrots into chunks and chop coarsely.
- Add sugar, oil and eggs.
- Process until thoroughly blended.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to processor bowl with the chopped pecans.
- Process until the ingredients are moist.
- Drain raisins and fold in by hand.
- Fill the muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: