Classic carrot cake recipe. Feel free to experiment with the frosting.
- 1 1/2 c. Wesson oil
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. grated carrots (carrots may be
- grated in blender with 1 c. water & drained)
- 1 sm. can crushed pineapple (flat can)
- 1 c. chopped nutmeats
- 2 1/2 c. flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
Bake at 350 degrees. Use 3 (8 inch) layer cake pans or 2 (9 inch) layer cake pans or cupcakes. Bake layers for 30 to 35 minutes, cupcakes for 15 minutes.
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 box sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Cream the cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Frost cooled cake. May be prepared several days ahead. Keeps a week in refrigerator. Will freeze. This is a very rich cake. The recipe was given to me by a doctor’s wife from Texas. I have never tried, but I understand 2 cups of baby food carrots works just as well.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: