I just love to use caramel in candy recipes! Try this caramel candy bars recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) package vanilla caramels
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts OR 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
Heat oven to 350º. Heat caramels and milk in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; remove from heat.
Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl with spoon. Stir in egg and butter until mixture is crumbly. Press half of the crumbly mixture in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 × 9 × 2 inches.
Bake 10 minutes.
Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts over baked layer. Drizzle with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbly mixture; press gently into caramel mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Loosen edges from sides of pan.
Cool completely. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
More Great Recipes
If you like this, feel free to share it: